LET713 – 4.00 Hours
|LS LET713 4||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Available Online – Free! Law enforcement professionals are often the first responders to cybersecurity incidents. This online course was built through a collaborative partnership with the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to better equip first responders with the ability to determine if a cybercrime has been committed while conducting initial on-scene investigations so that they can recognize and collect the appropriate evidence for further investigation.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Cyber Investigation Course #3373.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Texas Cybercrime Criminal Offenses
- Response to a Cyber Incident
- Handling Digital Evidence
- Preventing and Recovering from Cyber Incidents
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel, to include peace officer, corrections officers, and dispatchers
- General public
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]