LET722 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
New course coming soon! After participants are equipped with the knowledge provided in the prior online training, Court Security Specialist, participants will learn and be able to apply skills through practical exercise scenarios on violent and non-violent situations in a court setting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Court Security Specialist Course #21006 and 21007.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Wear their duty uniforms with all of the gear they wear on duty
- Handgun with appropriate duty gear and ammunition
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Physical restraint
- Weapons retention
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Practical Scenarios on Violent and Non-Violent Situations in a Court Setting
- Law enforcement and corrections personnel seeking to serve as a Court Security Officer in the State of Texas
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a participant has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the practical applications portion of the Court Security Specialist course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]