LFI100 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed for firefighting personnel qualified to become live fire instructors and satisfies the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1041 Standard for Fire and Emergency Services Instructor Professional Qualifications, Chapter 7, Live Fire Instructor.
It is designed around classroom lectures, group discussions, and group exercises to enhance skills needed to act as a live fire instructor and safely provide live fire training to emergency responders.
You will develop skills such as applying safety guidelines and implementing live fire training procedures before, during, and after training evolutions
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Pricing Information: Employees or members of a Fire Department or Agency that is a political subdivision of, or component thereof, the State of Texas are eligible to receive tuition credit from TEEX based on subsidized funding from the State of Texas for this class.
Cost: $300.00/student for Texas Firefighters, departments or agencies
Standard Cost: $600.00/student
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of the following dated prior to the last day of class:
- NFPA 1041 Fire and Emergency Services Instructor 1
- NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter II (Or) NFPA 1081 Interior Structural Facility Fire Brigade Member
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Participants must supply their own Person Protective Equipment (PPE/Bunker Gear) to include:
- Face Mask
TEEX will provide
Attire shall be the participant’s regular duty uniform
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire Behavior and Dynamics
- Live Fire Evolutions
- Municipal Firefighters
- Industrial Firefighters
- Military and Department of Defense (DOD) Firefighters
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Pro Board
Phone: (979) 845-7641 | Toll-Free: (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card- complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order- complete online registration and send a copy of your PO within 48 hours to [email protected]