MAR003 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||08/22/22 – 08/26/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR003 343||$1285.00||Register|
|Details||09/19/22 – 09/23/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR003 344||$1285.00||Register|
|Details||10/10/22 – 10/14/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR003 345||$1285.00||Register|
|Details||10/31/22 – 11/04/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR003 346||$1285.00||Register|
|Details||11/28/22 – 12/02/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR003 347||$1285.00||Register|
|Details||12/12/22 – 12/16/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR003 348||$1285.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Combined Marine Firefighting course uses both classroom based lecture and hands-on training to provide you with the skills necessary to effectively lead an emergency response team aboard a merchant vessel or offshore facility.
You will be assigned to various positions on emergency response teams and will be asked to respond to different live-fire situations as an organized unit. As part of an attack team and scene leader, you will assess the situation, decide on a course of action and implement chosen tactics to successfully control the incident.
This course satisfies the requirements of Fire Prevention and Fire Protection per STCW Code, as amended 2010, Section A-VI/1; Advanced Fire Fighting per STCW Code, as amended 2010, Section A-VI/3; Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2); Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.303(a); and Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide participants PPE compliant to the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Coast Guard Requirement
All participants attending a U.S. Coast Guard approved course are required to provide a photo ID on the first day of class. This could include a driver’s license, MMD, Passport, Armed Forces ID, etc.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Chemistry of fire
- Fire behavior and classification
- Fire detection systems
- Fire hose and nozzles
- Fire party organization
- Fire prevention
- Firefighting equipment
- Firefighting in port
- Fixed fire extinguishing systems
- Foam Application
- Inspection and servicing of firefighting equipment
- Interior firefighting
- Organization of a fire party
- Portable extinguishers
- Pre-fire planning
- Protective clothing
- Search and rescue
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Storage and handling of hazardous materials
- Tactical components of shipboard firefighting
- Training of a fire party
- Use of fixed fire extinguishing systems
- Use of water and its effect on stability
Maritime or offshore petroleum industry personnel who need both basic and advanced firefighting training.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.0 IACET CEUs
- U.S. Coast Guard
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted in Building #71
Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | (866) 878-8900
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.