MGT345 – 16.00 Hours
Aurora Fire Station #8
3770 McCoy Drive
Aurora, IL 60504
To Be Announced
08:00 AM Wednesday, May 05, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Disaster Management for Electric Power Systems course provides students with information specific to preparing for, protecting against, responding to, recovering from, and mitigating against a threatened or actual natural disaster, an act of terrorism, or other man-made disaster affecting electric power facilities and systems.
During this course, participants will be guided through discussions and exercise that will assist them in:
- Improving security against physical damage, organizational disruption, and control system vulnerability
- Enhancing the electric power systems ability to plan, prevent, detect, respond, and restore their facilities in emergency situations
- Developing an understanding and appreciation for working with the media.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
FEMA Student ID Requirement
Prior to course delivery, the hosting jurisdiction for the class shall inform all participants of the FEMA requirement to establish a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID). This can be accomplished by registering at FEMA’s website. Participants will be asked to provide their SID when they arrive and complete the registration process for the course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is recommended the participant complete IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800. These courses can be found online at: http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp
- Threats to Electric Power Systems
- Mitigating Risks
- Responding to Disasters
- Recovering From Disasters
- Handling Public Information Requests
- Preparing For Disasters
- Emergency Management
- Public Works Management
- Utility Management
- Power Providers
- Healthcare and Hospital Management
- Water Authorities
- Utility Personnel
- Municipal Personnel
- Police, Fire, and EMS Personnel
- Industrial Operators
- Electrical Power Transmission and Distribution Suppliers (T&D) Personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.60 CEUs
Registration for each course will be processed by the host city.