MGT439 – 16.00 Hours
|Details||03/21/23 – 03/22/23||Bowling Green, KY||FP MGT439 461||Registration Closed|
|Details||03/29/23 – 03/30/23||Greensburg, PA||FP MGT439 434||Register|
|Details||04/04/23 – 04/05/23||Yorkville, IL||FP MGT439 455||Register|
|Details||04/10/23 – 04/11/23||Butte, MT||FP MGT439 474||Register|
|Details||04/18/23 – 04/19/23||Ogden, UT||FP MGT439 447||Register|
|Details||04/25/23 – 04/26/23||Houston, TX||FP MGT439 448||Register|
|Details||05/11/23 – 05/12/23||Kalispell, MT||FP MGT439 456||Register|
|Details||05/18/23 – 05/19/23||Egg Harbor Township, NJ||FP MGT439 470||Register|
|Details||06/08/23 – 06/09/23||Nashville, TN||FP MGT439 450||Register|
|Details||06/14/23 – 06/15/23||Denton, TX||FP MGT439 458||Register|
|Details||06/22/23 – 06/23/23||Nazareth, PA||FP MGT439 465||Register|
|Details||06/27/23 – 06/28/23||Crossville, TN||FP MGT439 466||Register|
|Details||08/02/23 – 08/03/23||Charleston, WV||FP MGT439 476||Register|
|Details||08/15/23 – 08/16/23||Abilene, TX||FP MGT439 460||Register|
|Details||08/21/23 – 08/22/23||Stevens Point, WI||FP MGT439 473||Register|
|Details||09/02/23 – 09/03/23||Burbank, CA||FP MGT439 468||Register|
|Details||09/06/23 – 09/07/23||Allentown, PA||FP MGT439 479||Register|
|Details||09/27/23 – 09/28/23||Spooner, WI||FP MGT439 475||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course prepares students to effectively, appropriately, and safely plan for and respond to a disaster incident involving children, addressing the specific needs of pediatric patients in the event of a community based-incident. Pediatric specific planning considerations include mass sheltering, pediatric-triage, reunification planning and pediatric decontamination considerations. This is not a hands-on technical course, but instead a management resource course for stakeholders like pediatric physicians, emergency managers, emergency planners, and members of public emergency departments like EMS, Fire, Police, Public Health, and Hospitals in field of disaster response and preparedness work.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) via completion of study courses IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 (or equivalents).
- Introduction to Pediatric Response
- Emergency Management (EM) Considerations
- Implications for Planning and Response
- Functional Access Needs Considerations
- Mass Sheltering
- Pediatric Triage and Allocation of Scarce Resources
- Pediatric Reunification Considerations
- Pediatric Decontamination Considerations
- Community and Hospital-based Emergency Managers
- EMS Personnel
- Hospital Administration and Emergency Room Personnel
- Public Safety/ Public Health Personnel
- School Administrators
- MRC Personnel
- Private Sector
- Law Enforcement
- Disaster Response/ Relief Personnel
- County, State, and Federal personnel who respond to a local jurisdiction disaster event
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- American Academy of Family Practitioners (AAFP)
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (866) 878-8900
EMS/Public Health Customer Care
Phone: (979) 314-1120 | (979) 458-3453
Email: [email protected]