MSP100 – 72.00 Hours
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Saturday, May 29, 2021
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Saturday, July 31, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This motorcycle safety course prepares the instructor candidate to conduct the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic Riders Course (BRC) and to obtain the MSF National RiderCoach Certification. During the course, the instructor candidate will learn how to teach the BRC curriculum, practice teaching in the classroom, how to manage the range exercises, and how to evaluate and coach students as they develop their riding skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, the instructor candidate must obtain a Texas Motorcycle Instructors License from Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
- Must meet the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) minimum standards for licensing as defined by Administrative Rules of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation 16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 98
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license with full motorcycle endorsement from state of residency for two years preceding the date of submitting the application.
- Pass a background check
- Be a high school graduate or have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, certificate of high school equivalency, or other credentials equivalent to a public high school degree.
- Pre-course assignment will be mailed out once background check is approved and tuition of $250 is paid.
Please upload all documents to your student portal.
Course Completion Requirements
Required Riding Gear
- United States Department of Transportation (DOT) approved motorcycle helmet in good condition and free of defects
- Eye protection (shatter resistant eye glasses, sun glasses, or safety glasses)
- Long pants (blue jeans or BDU type pants)
- Lace up boots (cover above the ankle with good grip soles – no leather soles)
- Full finger gloves
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Currently rides a motorcycle on a frequent, routine basis
- Have several years of varied motorcycle riding experience
Note: MSF highly recommends you complete a BRC prior to attending the RiderCoach Preparation Course.
- How to teach the Basic Riders Course (BRC)
- Practice teaching in the classroom
- Managing the range exercises
- Evaluating and coaching students through skill development
- Individuals desiring to teach the Basic Riders Course and become a MSF RiderCourse Certified RiderCoach
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)