MSP203 – 120.00 Hours
|Details||10/11/21 – 10/29/21||Cookeville, TN||LS MSP203 4||$3095.00||Register|
|Details||11/01/21 – 11/19/21||Grapevine, TX||LS MSP203 5||$3095.00||Register|
|Details||06/06/22 – 06/24/22||Springfield, MA||LS MSP203 8||$3095.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This 120-hour course equips the instructor candidate with the knowledge and skills to successfully instruct the Basic Police Motorcycle Operator course. Instructor candidates work through topics such as range location selection, layout and cone placement for each activity, coaching and evaluating motorcycle operator performance, and how to properly demonstrate riding skills. The instructor candidate will gain practical field exercise experience through the facilitation of a Basic Police Motorcycle Operator course and receive daily performance feedback based on their teaching and coaching performance. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be certified to customize their own agency training program to continue training internally.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Course #667375.
- Basic Police Motorcycle Operator or course equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with full motorcycle endorsement
- Employed as a commissioned peace officer with an agency approval letter
Please fax documents to (877) 289-9715 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Required Riding Gear
- United States Department of Transportation (DOT) approved motorcycle helmet in good condition and free of defects
- Eye protection
- Shatter resistant eye glasses, sun glasses, or safety glasses (for day use)
- Clear eyeglasses, clear safety glasses (night time or low light use)
- Long pants (blue jeans or BDU type pants) that are loose fitting while in the seated position
- Lace up boots (cover above the ankle with good grip soles; no leather soles)
- Full finger gloves
- Long sleeves (shirt or jacket) for higher speed exercises
- Rain gear for inclement weather
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Advanced Police Motorcycle Operator or course equivalent
- Overview of operator course materials
- Motorcycle instructor certification and re-certification requirements
- Operator course administration
- Adult learning principles
- Field setup and cone placement
- Analyzing rider performance
- Providing performance feedback
- Peer-to-peer content delivery
- Incident response and reporting
- Law enforcement officers assigned to teach basic police motorcycle operations
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 120.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433