NFA073 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to develop the decision-making skills needed by Company Officers (COs) to accomplish assigned tactics at structure fires. All activities and scenarios used in this course are based on structure fires.
Often first to arrive at an incident, the CO’s initial decisions will have an impact throughout the entire incident. It is vital that they be able to make good management decisions with a favorable impact on the eventual outcome. In addition to a possible role as the initial Incident Commander (IC), the CO may be assigned a subordinate position within the Incident Command System (ICS) organization. COs need to have a clear understanding of the system, the position they are assigned, and their role in the organization if they are to function effectively and help make the system work.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- Integration of National Incident Management System to Fireground Managemeent
- Fireground Decision Making
- Analytical Size-up Process
- Building Construction Types
- Burn time Considerations and Line of Duty Deaths From Collapse Incidents
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)