OSH501 – 31.00 Hours
|Details||06/06/23 – 06/09/23||San Antonio, TX||OS OSH501 426||$730.00||Register|
|Details||07/11/23 – 07/14/23||Oklahoma City, OK||OS OSH501 431||$730.00||Register|
|Details||07/18/23 – 07/21/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||OS OSH501 424||$730.00||Register|
|Details||07/25/23 – 07/28/23||Houston, TX||OS OSH501 430||$730.00||Register|
|Details||08/15/23 – 08/18/23||Mesquite, TX||OS OSH501 421||$730.00||Register|
|Details||09/25/23 – 09/28/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||OS OSH501 432||$730.00||Register|
|Details||10/23/23 – 10/26/23||Camden, AR||OS OSH501 428||$730.00||Register|
|Details||11/07/23 – 11/10/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||OS OSH501 433||$730.00||Register|
|Details||12/18/23 – 12/21/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||OS OSH501 434||$730.00||Register|
|Details||01/30/24 – 02/02/24||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||OS OSH501 435||$730.00||Register|
|Details||03/11/24 – 03/14/24||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||OS OSH501 437||$730.00||Register|
|Details||04/09/24 – 04/12/24||Hobbs, NM||OS OSH501 436||$730.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Trainer Course in Occupational Safety & Health Standards for General Industry (OSHA #501) is designed for individuals interested in teaching the 10 and 30-hour general industry safety and health Outreach training program to their employees and other interested groups. Using the OSHA General Industry Standards as a guide, special emphasis is placed on those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as those which are most hazardous. Students are briefed on effective instructional approaches and use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the OSHA Outreach Training Program, to conduct both 10- and 30-hour General Industry Outreach classes, and to issue cards to participants after verifying course completion. Students who wish to participate as authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program must prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA General Industry Outreach Training Program topic individually or as part of a group and successfully pass a written exam at the end of the course.
NOTE: In order to maintain trainer status, Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainers are required to attend Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers (OSH503) course every four years.
Participants must verify the following prerequisites have been met prior to registering for this course:
- Five years of general industry safety experience (A bachelor degree or higher in occupational safety and health, a Certified Safety Professional, or a Certified Industrial Hygienist designation in the applicable training area may be substituted for two years of experience)
- Evidence of completion of the Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (OSH511) course
Complete and submit OSHA Outreach Prerequisite Verification Form
These prerequisites may be accomplished by uploading a copy of the documents during registration using the TEEX Student Portal. Once received and approved, the Participant will be notified by email they have met all prerequisites and have been added to the class roster. All documentation is due at least 14 business days prior to the start of class.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- Completed OSHA Outreach Trainer Prerequisite Verification Form
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
OSHA Licensing Requirements
- Participants must score a minimum of 50 points (67%) on the Performance Test
- Participants must score a minimum of 40 points (80%) on the final written Knowledge Test
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires participants to fully attend an enrolled class in its entirety (100% of the course). We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a participant out of class and have a policy to handle those situations. If a participant misses less than 20% of the class, he/she may be able to perform makeup work equivalent to the class time missed. If 20% or more of the class is missed, the participant may attend a makeup course upon approval by TEEX’s OTI Education Center Director.
Participant May Bring
In order to fully participate in all student teaching assignments, candidate instructors should bring a personal computer or laptop.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer Program
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Multimedia Materials
- Outreach Training Presentations
- OSHA and the OSH Act
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Machine Guarding
- Respiratory Protection
- Hazardous Materials
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Health Hazards
- Safety and Health Programs
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Hazards
- Hand and Portable Powered Tools
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Hazard Communication
- OSHA Representative and Compliance Assistance
This course is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour general industry safety and health outreach program to their employees and other interested groups.
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 723-3811
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
Email: [email protected]