TPA103 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Peace Officer Reactivation Physical Skills Assessment course is designed to evaluate or assess previously trained and existing peace officer skills for the purpose of determining a participants suitability to return to active duty in Texas law enforcement after a period of separation from active duty or appointment as a peace officer.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Peace Officer Reactivation Physical Skills Assessment course #7878.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Must provide a valid/active training certification for First Aid and CPR issued by the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or National CPR Foundation
Please send proof of course completion via email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Participants enrolling in this course must meet one of the following employment statuses:
- Must be a current or former licensed peace officer at some level of local, State, or federal government agency, with a valid TCOLE PID number, who is intending to obtain a current Texas peace Officer license
Please send proof of employment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Prior to the start of the course, a member of the ILEPSE staff will contact the participant to verify employment in the field listed above.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for physical activity
- Mechanics of Arrest
- Individuals desiring reactivation of an inactive Texas Peace Officer License after an extended break in service
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a participant has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433