UXO205 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This intense three-day course provides participants an opportunity to refresh their knowledge in the recognition and identification of military munitions and practice initial response actions associated with ordnance incidents.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Bombs and Explosive Devices Course #4000.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
Participants must submit the following items at least 21 days prior to the first day of class:
- Confirmation of current employment with either a law enforcement agency or other state/local response authority using departmental letterhead
First Day of Class
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Should be capable of safely operating under stressful conditions and hazardous environments
- Ordnance Safety, Precautions, and Identification
- Fuze Functioning and Identification
- Ordnance Response, Mitigation, and Remediation
- Bomb technicians and explosives specialists assigned to local, state, and federal public safety bomb squads
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]