WWW104 – 20.00 Hours
|Details||06/26/23 – 06/28/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||EU WWW104 233||$490.00||Register|
|Details||06/26/23 – 06/28/23||El Paso, TX||EU WWW104 237||$490.00||Register|
|Details||08/28/23 – 08/30/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||EU WWW104 232||$490.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
**PLEASE NOTE** This course has been approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to fulfill 20 credit hours in the following operator license area(s):
– Wastewater Operator License
The Operation of Activated Sludge Plants course covers the fundamentals of biological treatments, the suspended growth process, and activated sludge processes. Also covered during this training is sludge quality indicators and process control indicators. Attendees also receive information designed to help each have a better understanding of plant observations, a return sludge flow control strategy, sludge wasting controls and a dissolved oxygen control strategy.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to Activated Sludge
- Fundamentals of the Activated Sludge Process
- Biology of the Treatment Process
- Aeration Basin Fundamentals
- Clarifier Fundamentals
- Modes of Operation
- Process Control Fundamentals
- Setting the Major Process Controls
- Process Control Analyses
- Microscopic Evaluation
- Calculating Process Control Parameters
- Biological Nitrification Requirements
- Activated Sludge Bulking and Foaming
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 20.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
Email: [email protected]