WWW356 – 1.00 Hours
|IS WWW356 164
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
**PLEASE NOTE** This course has been approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to fulfill 1 credit hour in the following operator license area(s):
– Landscape Irrigator Operator License
– Municipal Solid Waste Operator License
– On-Site Sewage Facilities Operator License
– Underground Storage Tank Operator License
– Wastewater Operator License
– Water Operator License
The Lockout/Tagout for Utilities online course provides students with critical information surrounding the unexpected energizing or startup of machines or equipment as well as the release of stored energy that could result in the severe injury or death of an employee. Once the course is completed, participants will have a better understanding of how hazards associated with lockout/tagout can be reduced and best practices to help save lives and prevent injuries in the workplace.
NOTE: Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email, a password for access to the course, and a required completion date.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband internet connection
- Recommended browser: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternative browser: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Introduction to Lockout/Tagout
- Power Control
- Lockout/Tagout Equipment
- Lockout/Tagout Indicators
- Lockout/Tagout Procedures
This course is designed for personnel responsible for the proper application of lockout/tagout procedures to energized sources, ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)