WWW400 – 20.00 Hours
TEEX-RELLIS Campus-Bld 7900
3100 State Highway 47, Bldg. 7900
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Wednesday, January 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Basic Water Works Operations correspondence course provides participants with an introduction to source, characteristics, production, treatment, disinfection, storage, and distribution of potable water. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to identify general hazards, demonstrate safety practices, explain basic water chemistry, and utilize mathematics as applied to chemical feeding and other operational problems.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide
- A proctor for all course examinations
- Access to a county or municipal water system for completion of project assignments to include a chlorine residual analysis
Items Needed for Course Testing/Assessment
- Completion of the course within six months from the start date
- All course examinations must be proctored. When selecting a proctor, ensure they are not a spouse, family member, partner, fiance, or anyone residing in the same household. Additionally, a proctor cannot be currently enrolled in any distance learning course offered by the TEEX Water & Wastewater Program. In most cases, an immediate supervisor is selected to serve as a proctor. Other approved proctor options include, a licensed supervisor at work, a company training manager, a college proctor, or certified clergy. If an examination is not proctored, participants will not be eligible for TCEQ license credit hours.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam within the required timeline.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
It is recommended, but not required, students be employed by a Water System to ensure all class field exercises and assignments can be completed.
- Water Utilities Operators
- Public Relations
- Water Quality
- Groundwater Production
- Surface Water Production
This course is designed for public works personnel and new employees of a water system.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 20.00 hours – TCEQ licensed water operators