XTN106 – 8.00 Hours
|Details||02/20/23 – 02/22/23||Jarrell, TX||FP XTN106 26||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to increase firefighter effectiveness and safety by providing a framework for educating and training firefighters about the current fire dynamics research. This course will demonstrate how the knowledge of fire dynamics can be directly translated into strategic fire ground decision-making, and into highly applicable, usable, real-life fire ground tactics and tasks. The course has hands on activities, as well as, a small scale live burn simulation of a structure fire.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Study of how fires start
- Spread and Development of fire
- Fire Dynamics
- Fire chemistry
- Fire science
- Material science
- Heat transfer interaction
- Factors the influence fire behavior
All emergency and crisis response personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)