AIR550 – 80.00 Hours
Carrollton Police Department
2025 Jackson Road
Carrollton, TX 75006
08:00 AM Monday, September 21, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Experienced collision investigators seeking to master the complexities of analyzing traffic collisions and reconstruct the events should attend this course. The course expands on the fundamentals of crash investigation with special emphasis on crash reconstruction. Critical thinking skills are sharpened to enable the trained crash investigator to analyze and understand evidence found at the crash scene. Momentum, principle direction of force, Delta-V, vector analysis, and time/distance are highlighted in this course. Case studies, many based on crash tests with known quantities as a guide, are used to illustrate major learning points.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Course #78017.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Scientific calculator
- Mechanical or wood pencil(s) with a lead measurement of .5mm
- TEEX formula cards provided in prerequisite courses
- TEEX traffic templates provided in prerequisite courses
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Applying time and distance equations
- Applying vector analysis and Delta V
- Recognizing, analyzing, and solving complex linear momentum problems
- Applying critical thinking to traffic collisions using a “what-if” approach
- Experienced collision investigators seeking new approaches to the complexities of analyzing traffic collisions
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 CEUs
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433