ARE126 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Often low frequency-high risk incidents occur in the brush country. This conference addresses medical issues as it relates to hunting, response to assist or treat hunting related injuries (ie. insect/snake bites, gun shot, hunting preparation emergency survival, heat related illness, emergency medical care).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize the approaches needed when faced with heat related illness.
- Identify what you need to survive the brush county by gathering essential material and preparing a Emergency Survival Kit.
- Discussion on how to become more adept at rendering emergency medical care in the brush country environment which can be remote to be able to quickly get medical attention.
- How to prepare water purification and survival kits.
- What to do if caught in a flash flood or get struck by lightning.
- How to treat injuries such as snake bites, spider bites, poison ivy, foot blisters
- Native Edible Plants to use for survival
- How to treat eye, ear, nose and throat injuries while out in the brush county.
- How to treat wounds and orthopedic injuries.
- Legal issues while out in the brush country.
- What is needed when lost out in the brush.
Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement, Border Patrol, Hunters & the Hunting Industry in South Texas.
The conference offerings differ from year to year. Please refer to the flyer posted on teex.org/extension for scheduled dates and class offerings. (Note: This conference may yet to be scheduled, therefore a flyer may not yet be posted.)