ARF100 – 40.00 Hours
|03/04/24 – 03/08/24
|College Station, TX
|FP ARF100 148
|05/06/24 – 05/10/24
|College Station, TX
|FP ARF100 146
|08/19/24 – 08/23/24
|College Station, TX
|FP ARF100 147
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) as described in Chapter five of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1003, Standard for Airport Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. The course also covers the eleven subject matters required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 139.319 (j)(2) Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting: Operational Requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to work as an airport firefighter. The class consists of classroom, tabletop scenarios, and hands-on tactics and strategy training.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
This class does NOT qualify for Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP).
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 1001 Firefighter I and II dated prior to the first day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted. TEEX provides SCBA.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Recommended Prior Reading
We recommend that you obtain and review the course textbook, IFSTA Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting, 6th ed., prior to beginning the class.
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Airport familiarization
- Aircraft familiarization
- Rescue and firefighting personnel safety
- Airport communications
- ARFF equipment
- Emergency aircraft evacuation
- ARFF tactics and strategies
- Use of structural apparatus for ARFF
- Aircraft dangerous goods
- Airport emergency plan
- 100 & 400 fuel fire
- 8,100 sq.ft. fuel fire using ARFF Vehicle
- 3-dimensional aircraft fuel fire
- Engine/Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) fire
- Aircraft wheel brake assembly fire
- Interior aircraft fire
- Aircraft ventilation
- Aircraft victim rescue
- Aircraft scene overhaul
- Replenishing extinguishing agent
This course is designed for individuals who provide fire services protection at airports. This may include:
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters
- Municipal Firefighters
- Volunteer Firefighters
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Pro Board
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service in cooperation with the Texas A&M Forest Service is aligning the payment process for annual schools with all other requests for tuition assistance under the House Bill 2604 program and TIFMAS training grants. Vouchers or grant approval numbers will no longer be accepted as purchase order agreements.
The process will follow the typical Application – Approval – Registration – Training/Certification – Reimbursement pattern.
Before registering for a class on the TEEX website, obtain approval for tuition assistance via TAMFS FireConnect.
Return to the TEEX website and complete online registration.
You may secure your registration with a credit card or company/department purchase order (PO).
TEEX policy requires the PO must be submitted within 48 hours of registration, or the enrollment may be canceled. You may upload the PO through your student portal or email it as an attachment to [email protected].
Please make sure your PO includes the following:
- Agency or company name
- Billing address
- Contact name and phone number
- Description of goods and/or services provided
- Amount of charges
- Authorized signature
- Tax Payer ID, EIN, or FEIN. The field should be in the following format: xx-xxxxxxx.
The PO contact email needs to be either yourself or a responsible person within your organization.
If your organization is not an established customer, or if you are not sure, please include a completed W-9 with the PO.
Annual Fire Training School Contact Information
If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900 or email [email protected].