ARF100 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) as described in Chapter five of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1003, Standard for Airport Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. The course also covers the eleven subject matters required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) ? 139.319 (j)(2) Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting: Operational Requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to work as an airport firefighter. The class consists of classroom, tabletop scenarios, and hands-on tactics and strategy training.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
This class does NOT qualify for Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP).
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 1001 Firefighter I and II dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Recommended Prior Reading
We recommend that you obtain and review the course textbook, IFSTA Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting, 6th ed., prior to beginning the class.
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
- Airport familiarization
- Aircraft familiarization
- Rescue and firefighting personnel safety
- Airport communications
- ARFF equipment
- Emergency aircraft evacuation
- ARFF tactics and strategies
- Use of structural apparatus for ARFF
- Aircraft dangerous goods
- Airport emergency plan
- 100 & 400 fuel fire
- 8,100 sq.ft. fuel fire using ARFF Vehicle
- 3-dimensional aircraft fuel fire
- Engine/Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) fire
- Aircraft wheel brake assembly fire
- Interior aircraft fire
- Aircraft ventilation
- Aircraft victim rescue
- Aircraft scene overhaul
- Replenishing extinguishing agent
This course is designed for individuals who provide fire services protection at airports. This may include:
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters
- Municipal Firefighters
- Volunteer Firefighters
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Pro Board
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system.
We have streamlined the process for payment via Texas A&M Forest Service funding (H.B. 2604 or TIFMAS Grant Assistance Program). Before you register for a course, you must attain approval from the Texas A&M Forest Service for training tuition. On your approval letter, there will be a voucher approval number. Each student approved for tuition grant assistance will need this number.
Register for your course through your TEEX student portal. On the payment section, choose Purchase Order and enter the VFDE number (for example E123456). If your department was approved for multiple students, each student up to the maximum approved in the training tuition request may use the same VFDE number. If the total amount due is greater than the total amount allowed by the tuition voucher, the individual/department will be responsible for the difference. You are no longer required to email or fax the approval letter to TEEX/ESTI unless it is specifically requested by TEEX staff.
The PO contact email needs to be either yourself or a responsible person within your organization.
A new data field has been added to the payment process. The Tax ID (Tax Payer ID, EIN or FEIN) will be the number assigned to your organization. The field is required and needs to be in the following format: xx-xxxxxxx.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Annual Fire Training School Contact Information
If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900 or email email@example.com.
Phone: (979) 321-6230
We do not accept online registration for this course. Please use our registration form and fax it to (979) 862-6491.