ARF300 – 32.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is intended for command or potential command-level officers at airport fire departments. It builds on the basics from Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) school to prepare the ARFF Incident Commander to respond, size-up, and manage a large-scale aircraft accident; the course focuses on incident command, triage, and critical incident stress. In addition, you will participate in live-fire training to fulfill Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 139 annual training requirements.
One of the following must be completed:
- 40 hr Airport Firefighter as per NFPA 1003 (ARF100)
- ARFF Academy as per TCFP (ARF200)
- or NFPA 1003 certified
As per Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Aviation Regulation 139.319, and chapter 4. ARFF personnel shall have a minimum of 40 hours in basic first aid training.
Course Completion Requirements
- You will receive a copy of the TEEX course manual on the first day of class.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Level 0 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
- All students are required to follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.
- Regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
We recommend that you have Basic ARFF or NFPA 1003 knowledge prior to participating in this class.
- Aircraft Emergencies, Tactics and Strategy
- Airport Emergency Disaster Planning
- Airport Fire Officer Development
- Applying New Technologies in ARFF
- Bulk Storage Facilities Emergency Management
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Interfacing with NTSB
- Interior Aircraft Scenarios
- Managing Large Scale Aircraft Accidents
- National Incident Management System
Individuals who may need to serve in a command role for fire services protection at airports, including:
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters
- Municipal Firefighters
- Volunteer Firefighters
- Registration for this course must be done 30 days before class.
- Classes are subject to cancellation 14 days before class if student participation is low. The student will have the option to attend the next scheduled class.
- If registering with a purchase order, please use our Registration Form and fax it to (979) 458-0506.
Schedule ARFF Training at Your Facility
Contact Tim Sullivan.