ASP604 – 40.00 Hours
|FP ASP604 13||$665.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to continue your education in the American fire service. It is the first of two courses that cover the objectives set forth in NFPA 1001 (2019 edition) for Firefighter Level II. This online component is to be completed by using a computer, textbook, and online supplemental material. It consists of reading assignments, online knowledge-building activities, videos, chapter quizzes and tests. The online lecture portion for Firefighter II may be completed at your own pace for up to 12 weeks. Time starts when registration is complete; NOT when you first log in to the course. Access to the course is through your TEEX Student Portal account.
Materials for ASP604 corresponds to the 7th Edition of IFSTA’s Essentials of Firefighting.
The online component is just the beginning. There are many skills which must be mastered in order to complete your firefighter level II training. Firefighter Level II skills (ASP605) is a week of face-to-face hands-on field-application training. You will put your online learning into practice by participating in field exercises and scenarios.
Once you complete this course and receive training in all associated skills, you may be eligible for certification. Please check with the fire certification agency in your area to learn what qualifications are required. This course is not a Pro Board certification and cannot be converted to Pro Board. It also does not directly lead to TCFP certification.
Successful completion of ASP601, ASP602, and ASP603 or equivalent, such as NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I certification.
Documented successful completion of the firefighting phase courses (ASP111 FF Phase 1, ASP112 FF Phase 2, and ASP113 FF Phase 3; offered from 2015 through 2021). You will also have to prove completion of ICS-100, ICS-200, NIMS-700, NIMS-800 and Courage to be Safe (CTBS) for this option.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, you should have access to computer equipment meeting the following system requirements:
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Broadband or high speed internet
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browsers
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Students Must Provide:
- Books IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting, 7th Edition Manual
Clothing and Protective Equipment Requirements
This is the online course so there are no PPE requirements.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Building Materials, Structural Collapse, and Effects of Fire Suppression
- Technical Rescue Support and Vehicle Extrication Operations
- Foam Fire Fighting, Liquid Fires, and Gas Fires
- Incident Scene Operations
- Fire Origin and Cause Determination
- Maintenance and Testing Responsibilities
- Community Risk Reduction
This course is targeted for individual pursuing firefighter certification.
Phone: (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
New Annual Schools Path toward Firefighter I and II Certification
- Option A – New firefighters or those with limited training opportunities.
- Option B and B2 – Firefighters with some training but not enough to complete FFI. They get to skip ASP602 if they have documented completion of the live-fire prerequisites per NFPA 1403. The difference between B & B2 is when ASP604/605 are taken (spring/summer vs fall/winter).
- Option C – Firefighters who have completed the Firefighting Phases (1 3) from previous Annual Schools or have already finished Firefighter Level 1.
The online courses are now available year-round!
Online courses are eligible for H.B. 2604 reimbursement (if eligible), upon successful completion
Check with the Texas A&M Forest Service for more details.
All students must follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.