CYB401 – 2.00 Hours
Live Online Instructor-Led Training
To Be Announced
06:00 PM Thursday, October 29, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 541-7149 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
K-12 educators around the world are utilizing communication platforms to continue providing educational services and support for their students. This increased online usage has put our educators, their students and their workplace at risk of a cyber attack. In fact, a recent FBI report states that cyber crime has quadrupled since the onset of COVID-19. Therefore, this course has been created specifically to give educators and their students the knowledge to be safe online.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Important information that you will need for this class:
- You will need to have a reliable internet connection.
- Your computer will need speakers or a headphone set to hear the audio.
- A microphone is not required, but recommended because it will make participation easier for you.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must attend at least 80% of the course to receive a certificate of completion.
- Understanding cybersecurity and the impact to the education ecosystem
- Identification and protection against cyber threats and attacks
- Implementation of cyber hygiene in your teaching methods immediately
- Resources to protect yourself and your students online
This course is designed for:
- K-12 educators