EDP100 – 26.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Knowledge Engineering at (800) 541-7149 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Economic development as practiced today is complex and competitive. Training is usually required in order to gain a thorough knowledge of the fundamentals involved. The Basic Economic Development Course is fully accredited by the International Economic Development Council and fulfills the experience requirement for admission to the Economic Development Institute.
The Basic Economic Development Course is a three-plus day intensive training program. It is open to career staff practitioners and volunteers with an interest in the operation of private and public industrial and economic development organizations.
To register for this course please go to the Texas Economic Development Council website or contact the Texas Economic Development Council at (512) 480-8432.
An interest in Economic Development
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Introduction to Economic Development
- Workforce Development
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing and Attraction
- Finance and Capital Market Programs
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Enterprise/Small Business Development
- Business Retention /Expansion
- Analyze/Profile Local Economy
- Community/Neighborhood Development
Professional practitioners and volunteers representing:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Community Development
- Economic Development Foundations and Corporations
- Financial Institutions
- Main Street Organizations
- Municipal, Town, County, State and Federal Government Entities
- Planning and Development Agencies
- Public and Private Utilities
- Real Estate
- Housing and/or Urban Development
- And others interested in facilitating job creation and capital investment in their community, region, or state.
For more information about BEDC contact the Texas Economic Development Council at (512) 480-8432.