FSA119 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||11/08/21 – 11/10/21||Conroe, TX||LS FSA119 8||$380.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Crime scene investigators and peace officers are expected to be expert witnesses. To be perceived as experts, they must establish credibility from the moment they enter the courtroom and proceed to the witness stand to present their testimony. This course provides participants with practical activities to develop and enhance their ability to give effective courtroom testimony. Activities include communication skills evaluations, presenting expert witness credentials, and mock testimony in a simulated courtroom.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Courtroom Testimony Course #40067.
- Licensed or certified peace officer with a current commission employed by or attached to a law enforcement/investigative agency
- Civilian employed by a law enforcement/investigative agency conducting investigative tasks or duties
- Nurse employed by a medical facility tasked with conducting forensic examinations
- Successful completion of Foundations of Courtroom Testimony
Please fax proof of course completion to (877) 289-9715 or send an email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to class start date. Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Courtroom attire as per your agency policy for classroom activities on day 3
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Printed and electronic copy of a current CV and/or resume
- Completed FSA118 Foundations of Courtroom Testimony study guide
- Effective Communication in Court
- Expert Witnesses
- Testifying in Court
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel with assignments that may require them to testify in court. Such occupations are crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers, corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 2.40 IACET CEUs
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 1.00 hours – ACE
- 24.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433