HAZ006 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course utilizes both classroom lecture and field activities required to maintain competencies as Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) General or Occasional Site Workers. It is designed to meet or exceed Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (e)(8) annual refresher training requirements.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercise, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Recommended Prior Knowledge
It is recommended that participants complete Hazwoper for Clean-Up Operations Training or an equivalent course prior to registering for this course.
- Regulatory overview
- Detecting the presence of hazardous substances
- Identification of hazardous substances
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe work practices
- Field exercises
All employees working on site who are exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards, or safety hazards, including (but not limited to):
- equipment operators, general laborers and others
- their supervisors and management responsible for the site
Class Location and Travel Information
Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu