HAZ020 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||10/25/21 – 10/29/21||College Station, TX||FP HAZ020 338||$1100.00||Register|
|Details||12/13/21 – 12/17/21||College Station, TX||FP HAZ020 339||$1100.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course meets or exceeds the qualifications for National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 7, “Hazardous Materials Technician,” and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q)(6)(iii) for Technician-level personnel.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 1072 Chapter 5 Operations or NFPA 472 Core Competencies for Operation level responders (2002, 2008, or 2013 edition) dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercise, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Analyze the incident
- Collect and interpret hazard and response information
- Determine scope of the problem
- Describe type and extent of damage to containers
- Predict the behavior of released materials and containers
- Estimate the size of endangered area
- Plan a response
- Describe response objectives and options
- Select Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for action options
- Select technical decontamination process
- Develop a site safety plan
- Implement the response
- Perform duties of Hazmat position within Incident Command Systems (ICS)
- Don, doff, and work in Technician-level PPE
- Perform Offensive control options
- Perform decon functions
- Evaluate effectiveness of control functions
- Evaluate effectiveness of decon
- Terminating the Incident
- Incident debrief and critique
- Reports and documentation
- A, B, & C Chlorine Kits
- MC306/406 Dome Clamp with Grounding and Bonding
- Level A Dress out with Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Drum leak repair and overpacking
- Instrumentation laboratory
Personnel who respond to emergencies involving Hazardous Materials (HazMat)/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) for the purpose of analyzing the incident, selecting appropriate PPE and decontamination procedures, and implementing action options to mitigate the incident.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 4.00 IACET CEUs
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Pro Board
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted at Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu.