HAZ701 – 16.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Thursday, October 01, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This online course focuses on training responders to meet the requirements established in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
1072 (2017 ed.), Competencies for Awareness Level Personnel,” (chapter 4) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q) (6) (i) (a-f) “First Responder Awareness Level” competencies.
In addition, this course meets the NFPA 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 4, “Awareness” and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q)(6)(i) for
This course also meets or exceeds the NFPA 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 5, “Operations” minus chapters 5.4 and 5.5 which are completed in the hands on HAZ702 completer class.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to complete HAZ702 (the skills portion) and take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
This course must be completed within 30 days of enrollment.
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- current web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash
- This course cannot be done on a mobile phone.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam/evaluation.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it is highly recommended that participants complete:
- IS-100 – Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS) or equivalent
- IS-700 – National Incident Management System (NIMS), an introduction
- Analyze the incident
- Initiate the notification process
- Detect the presence of Hazardous Materials (HazMat)Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
- Survey a HazMat/WMD incident from a safe location
- Collect hazard information from the current edition of the Department of Transportation (DOT) Emergency Response Guidebook (ERT)
- Implement the response
- Initiate protective actions
- Evaluate Progress
- Communicate Status
Personnel who respond to emergencies involving hazardous materials/weapons of mass destruction for the purpose of protecting nearby persons, the environment, or property from the effects of the release.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.40 CEUs
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Toll-Free: (866) 878-8900
You may easily register and pay for classes with a credit card, pinless debit, or eCheck.
Please contact Cynthia Ford at Cynthia.email@example.com or 979-845-1152 with any questions or concerns.