HWS002 – 16.00 Hours
|Details||10/11/22 – 10/12/22||Mesquite, TX||EU HWS002 688||$470.00||Register|
|Details||11/15/22 – 11/16/22||Bryan, TX||EU HWS002 687||$470.00||Register|
|Details||12/06/22 – 12/07/22||Mesquite, TX||EU HWS002 689||$470.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Work Zone Traffic Control course provides participants with best practices training specific to work zone traffic controls using the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and all related Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) standards. During the course, participants are provided proper traffic control set up procedures along with all related safety measure requirements necessary to reduce risks associated with work on or near roadways. Training is valid for 3 years from the date of completion.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Principles of Temporary Traffic Control
- Temporary Traffic Control Elements
- Traffic Control Devices
- Typical Applications
- Pedestrian and Worker Safety
- Flagger Control
- Control of Traffic through Incident Management Areas
- Working with TxDOT
- TxDOT Standard Sheets
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)