IMS350 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The course focuses on developing a team approach to industrial incident management in a fixed facility and/or operating region. The course emphasizes the duties of the Industrial Incident Management Team (IMT) during the transition from the initial response phase to the expanded response phase. And, throughout the expanded response phase until incident termination. The course will utilize a customized, hypothetical incident scenario, that each client may experience at their facility/operating region, for training purposes.
The functions of Incident Command/Unified Command, Command Staff, and the General Staff, working on-scene and in an industrial Emergency Operations Center (EOC) environment, are stressed. Participants will “role-play” their IMT position-specific duties and responsibilities during the course’s hypothetical scenario while being coached by TEEX Instructors.
Finally, the course includes completion of an entire Expanded Response Planning Cycle and the execution of each Planning Process Meeting. As a result, the IMT participants will create a written Incident Action Plan (IAP), and supporting documents, specific to the hypothetical incident scenario.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the following before the beginning of class:
- TEEX ESTI IMS 250: Industrial Incident Management Team – Initial Response Phase course
- Completion of ICS 100 and ICS 200
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZWOPER Awareness, Operations, or Technician Level
- Industrial Incident Management Team (IMT) Organization
- Unified Command (UC)
- Incident Information Management
- Incident Resources Management
- Identifying Hazards and Managing Site Safety
- Industrial IMT Position/Section-Specific Roles and Responsibilities during an Expanded Response
- Expanded Response Planning Cycle
- Planning Process Meetings and Meeting Management
- Developing a written Incident Action Plan (IAP) and supporting documents
IThe target audience for this course is any person at an industrial fixed facility, operating region, and/or corporate/organizational office, who will be expected to perform as a member of an Incident Management Team (IMT) during the expanded response phase of an industrial emergency.