IND021 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is two and one-half days (20 hours) of classroom and hands-on activities and is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to operate aerial pumper apparatus in the industrial environment. Classroom topics include driving safety, pump operations theory, hydraulics, and tactics. Field exercises cover basic pump operations, drafting, driving, relay pumping and other water supply/attack activities.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercise, students must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- For classroom activities, students must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Operating aerial apparatus
- Strategies and tactics
- Stabilizing aerial apparatus
- Pumper/aerial combined operations
- Types of fire apparatus
- Fire pump theory
- Fire ground hydraulics
- Apparatus familiarization
- Driving safety
- Drafting operations
- Relay pumping
- Hydrant operations
- Parallel pumping
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Debbie.Schulz@teex.tamu.edu