IND029 – 16.00 Hours
|Details||04/09/22 – 04/10/22||College Station, TX||FP IND029 34||$930.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Phase II (16-hour) is designed to teach strategic and tactical requirements to properly handle, either defensively or offensively, an industrial emergency incident with the resources that your agency has available. The classroom portion of this class is targeted to give a specific tactical approach at handling industrial emergency incidents. The practical hands-on exercises introduce and reinforce the tactical methods required to mitigate an industrial emergency incident. This course provides a unique opportunity for municipal emergency response personnel to apply specific strategies and tactics for the assessment, management and control of industrial emergency incidents through simulated and live fire activities.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, students must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Students are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, students must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students complete the Phase I course prior to attending this Phase II course.
- Proper cooling using master streams
- Pressure and non-pressure tanks
- Fully involved tank fires
- Proper capture and control methods
- Exposure Protection
- Foam calculation and application in regards to:
- Liquid Spill fires
- Fixed/Bulk Storage
This course is appropriate for all Municipal responders to gain valuable knowledge in Industrial type facilities, processes, and emergencies. TEEX suggests students complete the Phase I course prior to attending this Phase II class.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.60 IACET CEUs
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Debbie.Schulz@teex.tamu.edu