LET306 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||05/31/23 – 06/02/23||Groesbeck, TX||LS LET306 1868||Register|
|Details||06/06/23 – 06/07/23||Haskell, TX||LS LET306 1866||Register|
|Details||06/12/23 – 06/14/23||Orange, TX||LS LET306 1840||Register|
|Details||06/13/23 – 06/14/23||Falfurrias, TX||LS LET306 1875||Register|
|Details||06/13/23 – 06/15/23||Amarillo, TX||LS LET306 1877||Register|
|Details||06/15/23 – 06/16/23||Karnes City, TX||LS LET306 1841||Register|
|Details||06/20/23 – 06/22/23||Abilene, TX||LS LET306 1849||Register|
|Details||06/20/23 – 06/21/23||Del Rio, TX||LS LET306 1873||Register|
|Details||06/26/23 – 06/28/23||Waxahachie, TX||LS LET306 1870||Register|
|Details||07/17/23 – 07/19/23||Waxahachie, TX||LS LET306 1871||Register|
|Details||07/27/23 – 07/28/23||Karnes City, TX||LS LET306 1842||Register|
|Details||08/21/23 – 08/23/23||San Angelo, TX||LS LET306 1797||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
After participants are equipped with the knowledge provided in the prior online training, Basic County Corrections (Online), they will learn and be able to apply basic self-defense techniques and inmate handling techniques required in the correctional setting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic County Correction Class Course #1124.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Defensive counter strikes
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
- Participant should wear appropriate gym attire and a duty belt
- Participant must bring handcuffs in good working condition and handcuff keys
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Physiological responses to stress
- Compliance techniques and pressure point manipulation
- Stances and blocks
- Arm strikes and leg strikes
- Joint locks and grounding techniques
- De-escalation and communication techniques
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a participant has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]