LET307 – 32.00 Hours
|Details||01/11/22 – 01/14/22||Bryan, TX||LS LET307 46||$150.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Having the knowledge and skills to train correctional officers within an agency can save funds and benefit the correctional facility as a whole. This course will equip participants with the necessary training to conduct the physical skills portion of the TEEX Basic County Corrections blended learning course. This train-the-trainer course provides the participant with instructional materials and techniques used in the delivery of the 24-hour physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections Physical Skills course.
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014 or equivalent)
Please fax documents to (877) 289-9715 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Defensive counter strikes
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
- Participant should wear appropriate gym attire and a duty belt
- Participant must bring two sets of handcuffs in good working condition and handcuff keys
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Physiological response to stress
- Compliance techniques and pressure point manipulation
- Stances and blocks
- Arm strikes and leg strikes
- Joint locks and grounding techniques
- De-escalation and communication techniques
- Texas county jail staff responsible for training corrections officers to complete their basic training
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 32.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a student has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
- Students wishing to maintain their instructor status will be required to complete LET299 Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer Scheduling Requirements on an annual basis.
Effective September 1, 2017 through December 31, 2020, TEEX will recognize those who have the credentials listed below as an equivalent for this course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 845-6677 for more information.
- Defensive Tactics Instructor, LET299 Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer Scheduling Requirements, and a TCOLE Jailer License
- Defensive Tactics for Corrections Personnel Instructor, LET299 Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer Scheduling Requirements, and a TCOLE Jailer License
Note: Effective January 1, 2021 TEEX will no longer accept these courses as an equivalency.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433