MSP202 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This 24-hour course is a continuation of the Basic Police Motorcycle Operator course and focuses on advanced exercises to include higher speed skills training, road speed maneuvers, advanced braking, and swerving. As most single vehicle crashes involving a motorcycle occur in a curve, this course expands on several techniques available to the operator for safe motorcycle operations.
- Basic Police Motorcycle Operator or course equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with full motorcycle endorsement
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
The participant must provide the following required riding gear:
- United States Department of Transportation (DOT) approved motorcycle helmet in good condition and free of defects
- Eye protection
- Shatter resistant eye glasses, sun glasses, or safety glasses (for day use)
- Clear eyeglasses, clear safety glasses (night time or low light use)
- Long pants (blue jeans or BDU type pants) that are loose fitting while in the seated position
- Lace up boots (cover above the ankle with good grip soles; no leather soles)
- Full finger gloves
- Long sleeves (shirt or jacket) for higher speed exercises
- Rain gear for inclement weather
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Higher speed skills for motorcycle
- Road speed maneuvers
- Advanced braking and swerving
- Law enforcement officers assigned to police motorcycle operations who are looking to further enhance their skills
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]