OIL100 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||03/06/23 – 03/10/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 185||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||04/03/23 – 04/07/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 186||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||05/08/23 – 05/12/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 187||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||06/05/23 – 06/09/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 188||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||07/17/23 – 07/21/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 189||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||08/21/23 – 08/25/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 190||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||09/11/23 – 09/15/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 191||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||10/09/23 – 10/13/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 192||$1350.00||Register|
|Details||11/13/23 – 11/17/23||Galveston, TX||FP OIL100 193||$1350.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This 40-hour course utilizes classroom discussion, multimedia presentations, and practical hands-on exercises to provide you with essential information and training needed to effectively manage a spill-response operation in estuarine and coastal environments. You will assume leadership roles and direct simulated response operations under the supervision of the instructors.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide participants hard-hats, cloth working gloves, life jackets and disposable ear protection.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
- Participants should bring foul weather gear if inclement weather is possible.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Aerial surveillance
- Boom and skimmer design
- Communications equipment
- Containing and recovering oil on surface water
- Contingency planning and response team training
- Movement, containment and cleanup of oil
- Oil recovery from soil and oily debris disposal
- Oil-spill contractors and cooperatives
- Reporting and documenting oil spills
- Security, damage claims and public relations
- Shoreline protection, cleanup and restoration
- Sorbents and chemical agents
- First responders
- Industrial and refinery personnel
- Government employees
- Individuals who may be tasked with responding to oil spill incidents
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted at
8609 Teichman Rd.
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hour.