ORA101 – 545.00 Hours
|Details||10/03/22 – 01/27/23||College Station, TX||FP ORA101 38||$5400.00||Register|
|Details||10/31/22 – 02/24/23||College Station, TX||FP ORA101 39||$5400.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The NFPA 1001 Firefighter I & II online portion is completed by using a home computer, textbook, and online supplemental material. It consists of reading assignments, online knowledge-building activities, online discussions with your instructor and fellow students, videos and multimedia, module quizzes, and a final exam. You will have 12-weeks to complete the online portion of this course.
The online recruit academy will be a 4 month interactive distance learning program that includes a twelve week online component that follows a lesson plan with lecture and activities due weekly. The face-to-face skills camp is at Brayton Fire Training Field in College Station, Texas and runs for four weeks with 10-hour days for training in skills and hands-on activities.
This program meets or exceeds all requirements set by the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX), Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP), and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, as well as NFPA 472 / NFPA 1072, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents.
In addition, you will receive the following certificates as part of completing this course:
Courage to Be Safe: Everyone Goes Home
National Traffic Safety Course
This course provides a total of 545 hours of training.
Applicants for either TEEX Recruit Fire Academy must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or have passed a GED test
- Be at least 18 years of age
International applicants must meet the following additional requirements:
- Pass an English proficiency exam (coordinated through the TEEX International Student Advisor)
To complete your application process for this course, you must do the following:
- Pay the $75.00 non-refundable and non-transferable application fee through the TEEX website
- Submit a completed Online Recruit Fire Academy Participant Enrollment Agreement
- Submit a color copy of a driver’s license or a form of government- or state-issued identification
- Submit a copy of a high school diploma or GED completion: Applicants that are still in high school at the time of enrollment are required to provide a letter from the school stating eligibility for graduation and date. College transcripts are also accepted as proof of high school completion.
- Submit proof of meningitis vaccination: Participants under the age of twenty-two must meet the requirements of vaccination within the last five years and a minimum of ten days prior to the first day of the traditional academy or boot camp. Please refer to the TEEX website for more information about meningitis requirements and exemptions.
A representative from TEEX will review your application and contact you if you’ve been cleared to complete the registration process and pay the balance of your tuition.
Important: Upon approval of your application to enroll in the TEEX Recruit Fire Academy, you will be required to submit a medical evaluation prior to the first day of class. You will receive the medical evaluation form along with your reporting instructions.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, you should have access to computer equipment meeting the following system requirements:
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Broadband or high speed internet
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browsers
- Latest version of Flash
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Students Must Provide
- Notebook paper (8½ × 11”)
- Pen, highlighters, #2 pencils
- Textbook and curriculum materials:
- International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA) Essentials of Fire Fighting, 7th edition, ISBN # 978-0-87939- 657-2
- IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting Course Workbook, 7th edition with new ISBN #978-0-87939-660-2
- TCFP Certification Curriculum Manual, Chapter One: Basic Fire Suppression (download a copy)
- Uniform essentials (purchased through Barker Productions).
- The complete listing of all uniform requirements can be found in the Recruit Fire Reporting Instructions.
- Bunker gear (see Turnout Rental flyer for more information about bunker gear rental): Coat, Pants, Boots, Hood, Helmet, Gloves
- 7-mm Prusik cord, 10 ft. in length (unless gear vendor provides)
- Black shoe polish
- Bag for change of clothes
- Athletic shoes and socks
- Backpack for books (black or navy)
- Reusable water bottle
The TEEX Online Recruit Fire Academy Attendance Policy is found in the Basic Structure Fire Suppression Certification Rules, Policies, and Procedures in section V. Classroom Procedures and Expectations. Each students will receive this information in the online course.
Individuals seeking employment as a firefighter in a municipal fire department.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 54.5 IACET CEUs
- Pro Board
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Phone: (979) 321-6224
To Make Application – Participant Enrollment Agreement (Must download and open in Adobe Reader to complete and sign agreement)