OSH500 – 31.00 Hours
|Details||11/02/21 – 11/05/21||Mesquite, TX||OS OSH500 343||$725.00||Register|
|Details||12/07/21 – 12/10/21||San Antonio, TX||OS OSH500 335||$725.00||Register|
|Details||01/11/22 – 01/14/22||Mesquite, TX||OS OSH500 339||$725.00||Register|
|Details||03/21/22 – 03/24/22||Mesquite, TX||OS OSH500 340||$725.00||Register|
|Details||04/19/22 – 04/22/22||Hobbs, NM||OS OSH500 336||$725.00||Register|
|Details||04/26/22 – 04/29/22||Mesquite, TX||OS OSH500 341||$725.00||Register|
|Details||05/17/22 – 05/20/22||San Antonio, TX||OS OSH500 337||$725.00||Register|
|Details||07/19/22 – 07/22/22||Waco, TX||OS OSH500 344||$725.00||Register|
|Details||07/26/22 – 07/29/22||San Antonio, TX||OS OSH500 338||$725.00||Register|
|Details||08/23/22 – 08/26/22||Mesquite, TX||OS OSH500 342||$725.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) Standards for the Construction Industry course is designed for individuals interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health Outreach Training Program to their employees and other interested groups. Using OSHA Construction Standards as a guide, special emphasis is placed on those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as those which are most hazardous. Students are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the OSHA Outreach Training Program, to conduct both 10- and 30-hour Construction Outreach classes, and to issue cards to participants after verifying course completion. Students who wish to participate as authorized Outreach trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program must prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic individually or as part of a group and successfully pass a written exam at the end of the course.
Participants must verify the following prerequisites have been met prior to registering for this course:
- Five years of construction industry safety experience (A bachelor degree or higher in occupational safety and health, a Certified Safety Professional, or a Certified Industrial Hygienist designation in the applicable training area may be substituted for two years of experience)
- Evidence of completion of the Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry (OSH510) course.
- Complete and submit the OSHA Outreach Prerequisite Verification Form.
These prerequisites may be accomplished by uploading a copy of the documents during registration. Once received and approved, the participant will be notified by email they have met all prerequisites and have been added to the class roster. All documentation is due at least 14 business days prior to the start of class.
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide
OSHA Licensing Requirements
- Participants must score a minimum of 50 points (67%) on the Performance Test
- Participants must score a minimum of 40 points (80%) on the final written Knowledge Test
Student May Bring
In order to fully participate in all student teaching assignments, candidate instructors should have access to a personal computer or laptop.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer Program
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Multimedia Materials
- Outreach Training Presentations
- Safety Leadership
- OSHA and the OSH Act
- Health Hazards
- Steel Erection
- Motorized Vehicles, Mechanized Equipment, Marine Operations, and Rollover Structures
- Confined Space
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety and Health Programs
- Hand and Power Tools
- Ladders, Stairs, and Ramps
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Welding and Cutting
- Concrete and Masonry
- OSHA Representative and Compliance Assistance
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 3.10 IACET CEUs
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811