PRE001 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The internationally recognized Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) Exercise Program has experience delivering exercises with as many as 8,000 participants, from the local to the national level, addressing scenarios that involve public health pandemic, foreign animal disease, CBRNE weapons, cyber attack, natural disaster, mass casualties, and school incidents. We will help you plan and conduct events including round-table discussions, drills, seminars, tabletop, and functional or full-scale exercises customized to your specific needs.
Exercises take place at either the customer’s location or at our Emergency Operations Training Center (EOTC) facility.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
We have provided training for responders in jurisdictions in
- all 50 states
- U.S. territories
- the District of Columbia
- U.S. military installations worldwide
Our exercises can be tailored for staff and emergency responders from the following agencies, services, and disciplines:
- Hospital Staff (clinicians, ancillary staff and hospital administration)
- Public Health (all positions from local, state and federal agencies)
- School Staff (all levels of educational institutions: elementary, middle school, vocational, college and university campuses)
- Emergency Management (all levels)
- Prison systems (local, regional, state, federal and privately owned)
- Fire Service (FS)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Industrial Customers (IND)
- WMD-Civil Support Teams (CST) and CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Package (CERFP) Teams
- Business Continuity
- Homeland Response Forces (HRF)
- State and federal agencies
- Municipal and County Governments
- Private Industries
- Utility Companies
- Transit Organizations
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
For courses delivered at the Emergency Operations Training Center (EOTC) participants should plan travel to arrive the night before classes begin. The course delivery is at Disaster City® in College Station, Texas.
For courses delivered at the customer’s place of work or region, details will be tailored for your delivery.
The content and length of each exercise is determined by the needs of the customer.
TEEX was involved in the development of the National Response Framework and its predecessor, the National Response Plan, the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP), and the National Incident Management System. We have used this experience to design exercises to evaluate security plans for critical infrastructure, business continuity plans, and response preparedness in communities large and small. We work closely with our customers to build exercises that allow them to assess their plans, policies, and procedures and identify planning, training, and equipment needs, all resulting in an improvement in their incident response capabilities.
Since 2001, we have delivered more than 500 government and industry exercises such as:
- A statewide, full-scale hurricane response exercise
- A full-scale Strategic National Stockpile exercise covering eight counties
- Statewide full-scale exercises
- Department of Defense (DoD) United States Northern Command (NORTHCOM) nuclear terrorism exercise conducted simultaneously in four states
- Regional integrated public health and medical Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)/terrorism tabletop and full-scale exercises
- Communication Interoperability Exercises
- Critical infrastructure protection exercises involving both the public and private sectors, including high-tech and petrochemical companies
- School incident exercises for multiple universities and independent school districts
- Foreign and emerging animal disease exercises at both the regional and state levels
Our customers have included numerous organizations on both the state and national level:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- United States Public Health Services (USPHS)
- New Jersey Transit
- Delaware River Transit Authority
- Southeast Pennsylvania Transit Authority
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of New York
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (866) 878-8900.