UXO200 – 200.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|01/29/24 – 02/23/24||Bryan, TX||LS UXO200 72||$6850.00||Register|
|04/15/24 – 05/10/24||Bryan, TX||LS UXO200 71||$6850.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
TEEX developed the first civilian UXO Technician I course in 1999 and remains the only program to have ever been certified by the Department of Defense Explosive Safety Board (DDESB). In 2012 the National Association of Ordnance Contractors (NAOC) recognized this course as meeting, and exceeding, all UXO Tech I training requirements established by DDESB Technical Paper 18, Minimum Qualifications for Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Technicians and Personnel.
This course provides participants with comprehensive, hands-on training in the safe detection, location, identification, and disposal of unexploded ordnance using the techniques and emerging technologies of today’s UXO remediation industry. Graduates of the course meet U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) requirements necessary to work as a UXO Tech I on USACE UXO remediation job sites. Participants registered for the UXO Technician Level 1 Course are also encouraged to register for the online HAZWOPER Clean-Up Operations course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78026.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Applicants for the UXO course must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screening
To apply for this course, applicants must provide the following:
- Non-refundable application fee (due when submitting application): $75
- TEEX Participant Enrollment Agreement (Must download and open in Adobe Reader to complete and sign agreement)
- Registration Form
- A copy of a government-issued identification
- Completed UXO Letter for Admission (notarized)
A TEEX representative will review your application and contact you if are cleared to complete your registration and pay the remaining tuition.
Within 30 days of the class start date, participants must provide the following:
- A completed Physician’s Statement and Health Status Medical Report for a complete physical, standard head-to-toe evaluation that includes a respirator (lung capacity) check
- Release for Federal Criminal History Background Check (TEEX can perform for an additional fee)
- The results of a 5-panel drug screen that includes phencyclidine, cocaine, amphetamines, cannabis, and opiates
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Able to lift or carry 40 lbs without assistance
- Capable of working safely in stressful situations and extreme weather conditions
- Have vision sufficient to perform functions such as visual identification of ordnance features, electric demolition set up, and non-electric demolition set up
- Have hearing and speech sufficient to communicate clearly and distinctly face-to-face as well as over the radio in normal and adverse conditions
- Have arm and hand steadiness and manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools in demolition procedures set up
- Have stamina and tolerance sufficient to remain physically and mentally alert for extended periods of physical and/or mental inactivity
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 95% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Overview of UXO Environmental Remediation
- Explosives and explosive effects
- Ordnance Safety, Identification and Characteristic (Grenades, Landmines, Sub-munitions, Projectiles and Mortars, Projectile Fuses, Rockets, Guided Missiles, Bomb Fuses, Aircraft Bombs, Dispensers, Dispenser Sub- munitions, Pyrotechnics, Chemical Agents and Compounds, Chemical Ordnance)
- Fuse functioning and identification
- Firing devices, other explosive devices, and miscellaneous hazards
- UXO disposal techniques
- Use of UXO detection equipment and ordnance location techniques
- Electric and non-electric demolition procedures
- Anyone interested in seeking employment in environmental remediation
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 200.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Please review the UXO Student Guide for additional information including; required clothing and equipment, facilities, lodging, directions, etc.
- Course delivery will be held at the TEEX Unexploded Ordnance Range and Search Grids
Sallie Mae funding is now available as a funding source to be able to attend UXO Technician Level I. Follow the instructions to apply for Sallie Mae funding:
- Go to https://www.salliemae.com
- Click on “Apply for a loan”
- Select what best defines you: Student or Cosigner
- Select the type of loan that best describes that type of program your loan is for
- From the State drop-down select “Texas”
- Type in “Texas A&M University – Engineering Extension Services, College Station, Tx 00363298”
- Complete the remaining Sallie Mae application process
Note: Approval criteria are based on Sallie Mae’s rules. TEEX has no influence on outcomes. Approved loans must be finalized no later than 45 calendar days before the start of the class to ensure your funds are credited in time to complete your registration.
Regarding VA Educational Benefits: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at: https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 423-8433.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
$1,000 deposit will secure a seat, final payment must be received no later than 21 days prior to course start date.
- Credit Card – Complete registration form and call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
Passing a Federal Criminal History Background Check is required for admittance into UXO. It may be conducted by TEEX for a fee of $50.00. This fee, regardless of result or admittance into UXO, is non-refundable.
Sallie Mae funding is now available as a funding source to be able to attend UXO Technician I. Refer to “Other Information” at the end of this page for instructions on how to apply.
Note: Your registration is NOT complete until you have completed and uploaded, faxed, or emailed a Release for Federal Criminal History Background Check.