WWW500 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||09/27/21 – 10/01/21||Bryan, TX||EU WWW500 157||$685.00||Register|
|Details||10/18/21 – 10/22/21||Cedar Park, TX||EU WWW500 155||$685.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester course provides participants with an interest in cross-connection controls and proper maintenance of water quality standards with guidelines used for acceptable practices of testing backflow prevention devices. Students will be presented with the principles of cross-connection control and methods used to prevent backflow of undesirable substances into water distribution and plumbing systems carrying potable water.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to Backflow Prevention
- Theory of Backflow and Cross-Connections
- Mechanical Equipment for Cross-Connection Control
- Codes, Regulations, and Laws
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 IACET CEUs
- 12.00 hours – TCEQ licensed Landscape Irrigators
- 12.00 hours – TCEQ licensed Customer Service Inspectors
- 12.00 hours – TCEQ licensed water operators
- 12.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators
- 40.00 hours – TCEQ licensed Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers (BPAT)