Motor vehicle crashes are one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. This course demonstrates proper driving techniques required to avoid most potential collisions. Participants are introduced to common driving hazards faced during day-to-day operation of a vehicle while towing a trailer. This course is tailored for new and experienced employees who tow trailers. All participants will experience up to six hours of actual hands-on training in this medium-stress driving school.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Traffic Accident Avoidance Course #78023.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be capable of operating a motor vehicle under moderately stressful conditions.
- Bring a vehicle and a trailer in good working condition; preferably a vehicle commonly used to drive to and from work or during work. The vehicle and trailer must be in sound mechanical condition with no leaking fluids.
- A current motor vehicle inspection sticker
- Vehicle and trailer tires must have at least a 2/32 tread depth
- No more than two students may share one vehicle during the class
This class is not intended for tractor-trailer combinations.
Class attendance is an
essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are
expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires
participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of
successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will
review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that
cannot be missed.
in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive
TopicsKinetic energy / inertia +Methods of braking +Methods of trailer backing +Proficiency exercises +Proper driving attitude +Proper steering +Risk management concerns +Vehicle and trailer control +Vehicle and trailer dynamics +Vehicle and trailer inspection
- Public works employees or employees who drive a company vehicle and tow a trailer
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)