What you will need:
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Speaker and Microphone (built-in or external)
- Headphones are preferable to help limit distractions, but speakers are fine as well
- Cameras are not required unless specified by the instructor
- Reliable Ethernet Cable or Wi-Fi connection
How to Join a Webex Online Instructor-Led Training Session:
If you have an invitation to join a Webex meeting, but you can’t download the installer, you can still join the meeting using the web app instead. You don’t need to install anything using the web app; it launches in your web browser.
- Click on the Join link in your email invitation.
- Enter your name, email address, and password. Then select Join. You can also select the Join by Browser link to join using the Cisco WebEx web app.
- Join your meeting 20 minutes before the training begins to ensure all your technology is working properly.
Connecting to WebEx Audio:
After you join the training session, do the following:
- Choose to connect to audio using VoIP option. To adjust your speaker and microphone settings, go to Audio > Speaker/Microphone Audio Test in the menu bar.
- To mute or unmute yourself at any time, select the microphone icon That appears next to your name in the participants window on the right. When you join the session, please mute your audio to minimize background noise.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or newer –find out what windows system version you have
- Mac OS version 10 or newer – find out what Mac system version you have
Up-to-date Internet browser, such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.