The OSHA Outreach Training Program is an integral part of occupational safety and health training. Through the program, individuals who complete a one-week OSHA trainer course are authorized to teach 10-hour and 30-hour courses in construction or general industry safety and health hazard recognition and prevention. Authorized trainers can receive OSHA course completion cards for their students. Over the past three years, over 1.6 million students have received training through this program.
OSHA periodically updates the requirements that authorized Outreach trainers must follow in conducting and reporting OSHA Outreach Training Program classes.
Key changes in the revised January, 2017, OSHA Outreach Training Program Requirements are summarized on the program fact sheet available for download to the right.
Select image to download.
OSHA Outreach Trainer Portal
Outreach Card Fees and Processing Information for Trainers
- Cards are individualized for both trainers and students in construction, general industry, maritime, and disaster site workers
- With the enhancement and additional fraud protection on the Outreach cards, the fee for cards is now $8.00 per card
- All Outreach cards will now include a QR code leading to a website allowing employers and workers to verify the authenticity of each card
- The fee for replacement cards is now $25.00 per card
Outreach Card Payment Form and processing fee must accompany all card requests
If you require assistance or have questions regarding your OSHA Outreach Training Report, please contact our Customer Care Center at
(800) SAFE-811/(800) 723-3811. You may also send us an email: TEEXOutreach@teex.tamu.edu.
Resources for OSHA Outreach Trainers
Keep up-to-date with all the latest training requirements by subscribing to our email newsletter!
TEEX Outreach Insider Newsletter
Below are links to the articles which have appeared in issues of the TEEX Outreach InsiderTM newsletter. Articles are arranged alphabetically by headline.