CDL110 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) now mandates that entry-level drivers must attend formal classroom training prior to attending behind-the-wheel (BTW) training and taking the Commercial Driver License (CDL) skills test.
This class covers all FMCSA requirements to complete the theory portion of Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT).
NOTE: This course is eligible for Smart Option Student Loan funding from Sallie Mae.
However, in order to be eligible, you must also register for the following related course:
CDL111 – Entry-Level Driver Training Range and Road Class A
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a valid Driver License
- Hold a valid Commercial Learners Permit (CLP)
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Basic controls
- Visual search
- Hazard Awareness
- Accident procedures
- CLP holders, such as those working in utility companies, cities, and trucking companies.
- Any driver who wants to obtain their CDL.