FIV151 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Photography is a critical element in the documentation of criminal investigations. This course addresses the basic concepts of photography and their application to professional investigative documentation. For the final project, participants have the opportunity to capture photographs at a simulated crime scene, acting in the traditional role of an investigator for the case.
This course, which meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Foundations of Forensic Photography course #667369, is for .
- Participant must apply to and be admitted into CTISP of the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy
- Participant must apply to and be admitted into Blinn College
- Successfully pass a background check
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age before the CTISP end date
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 90 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser – Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- History of photography
- Selection and operation of a camera appropriate for crime scene documentation
- General photography concepts and terms
- Composition and progressive levels of photography
- Storage and processing of images
Collegiate students seeking technical training to prepare them for employment requiring investigative skills such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and forensic nurses.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 1.00 hours – ACE
- 16.00 hours – Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET)
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- Course enrollment for CTISP is through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or Robert.Stanberry@blinn.edu
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- CTISP tuition and fees are payable to Blinn College. For more information, contact the Blinn College Admissions Office at email@example.com