MGT341 – 16.00 Hours
Live Online Instructor-Led Training
To Be Announced
08:00 AM Monday, May 10, 2021
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Disaster Preparedness for Healthcare Organizations Within The Community Infrastructure course provides information specific to healthcare organizations vulnerability to a disaster. During this FEMA sponsored course, participants will be introduced to the various natural, technological, and civil hazards to which healthcare organizations may be vulnerable and the potential impacts of those hazards.
Federal guidelines and legislation that serve to aid in the preparedness for, and response to, incidents involving these hazards are discussed, as are current emergency management standards for the healthcare community. Participants review response and recovery issues that should be addressed by medical facilities and organizations in preparation for a large-scale incident, including identification of critical resources necessary for response and recovery.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
FEMA Student ID Requirement
Prior to course delivery, the hosting jurisdiction for the class shall inform all participants of the FEMA requirement to establish a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID). This can be accomplished by registering at FEMA’s website. Participants will be asked to provide their SID when they arrive and complete the registration process for the course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is recommended the participant complete IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800. These courses can be found online at: http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp
- Threats to the Community
- Fundamentals of Preparedness
- Preparing the Response
- Preparing the Recovery
- Assessing Preparedness
- Emergency Management
- Public Works Management
- Utility Management
- Power Providers
- Healthcare and Hospital Management
- Water Authorities
- Hospital and Healthcare Managers
- Senior Medical Staff
- Regulatory Personnel
- Health Department Personnel
- Local Emergency Planning Directors/Managers
- Emergency Service Managers/Administrators
- Emergency Preparedness Planning Personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.60 CEUs
- 1.00 hours – ACE
- 15.25 hours – Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Registration for each class will be processed by the host city.