MGT342 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Strategic Overview of Disaster Management for Water and Wastewater Utilities course provides critical guidance when planning for and responding to disasters that affect drinking water and wastewater systems. Participants will be introduced to the various natural and man-made (accidental or intentional) disasters to which water and wastewater systems may be vulnerable and the potential effects of disasters. Participants will be guided through portions of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Response Protocol Toolbox (RPTB) to identify steps in the response and recovery processes. Case studies on a variety of disaster incidents, as well as hypothetical situations for water and wastewater incidents are examined. Participants are also given the opportunity to practice developing a disaster response plan for a disaster.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
FEMA Student ID Requirement
Prior to course delivery, the hosting jurisdiction for the class shall inform all participants of the FEMA requirement to establish a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID). This can be accomplished by registering at FEMA’s website. Participants will be asked to provide their SID when they arrive and complete the registration process for the course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is recommended the participant complete IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800. These courses can be found online at: http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp
- Water and Wastewater System Vulnerability, Response and Recovery Process
- Threats to Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Preparing For and Responding To Disasters Affecting Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Emergency Management
- Public Works Management
- Utility Management
- Power Providers
- Healthcare and Hospital Management
- Water Authorities
- City and County Elected Officials
- City and County Emergency Managers
- Senior Emergency Response Personnel
- Water and Wastewater Utility Board Members, Operators, and Field Personnel
- Lab Personnel, Inspectors, and Engineers
- Senior Regulatory Officials
- Tribal Council Members
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.40 CEUs
- 4.00 hours – TCEQ licensed water operators
- 4.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators