MGT452 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center at (844) 789-5673 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The national and economic security of the United States depends on the reliable functioning of critical infrastructure. This course encourages collaboration efforts among individuals and organizations responsible for both physical and cybersecurity toward development of integrated risk management strategies that lead to enhanced capabilities necessary for the protection of our Nation’s critical infrastructure.
Participants will identify physical and cybersecurity concerns impacting overall infrastructure security posture, examine integrated physical and cybersecurity incidents and the evolving risks and impacts they pose to critical infrastructure, and explore resources that can be applied to improve security within an organization, business, or government entity.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for MGT452 Physical and Cyber Security for Critical Infrastructure course #78401.
Note: For deliveries on, or after, January 3, 2022, participants enrolled in an in-person, classroom-based course delivery will need access to a laptop or mobile device/tablet during the class session to complete course testing and evaluations electronically.
Note: Participants enrolled in a TEEX-Instructor Led Webinar must have access to a laptop or mobile device/tablet during the class session to participate in all course sessions as well as complete course testing and evaluations electronically.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants must be U.S. citizens. A FEMA Student ID is required to register for and participate in any training provided by FEMA agencies. All FEMA training providers, registration systems, and enrollment procedures are required to use this FEMA SID, which can be obtained at the following website: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid; or with TEEX assistance upon arrival for class.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants are required to score a 70% or better on the Post-Test and attend 80% of the course hours in order to receive a course certificate of completion.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed. To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- IS-860.B: National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP)
- IS-921.A: Implementing Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience
- IS-913.A: Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience: Achieving Results through Partnership and Collaboration
- AWR-136: Essentials of Community Cybersecurity
- AWR-175W: Information Security for Everyone
- AWR-213: Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Awareness
- MGT-310: Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Stakeholder Preparedness Review
- Physical and Cybersecurity Overview
- Evolving Physical and Cybersecurity Risks to Critical Infrastructure
- Key Concepts and Resources to Improve Security
- Agricultural Safety
- Citizen/Community Volunteer
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Service
- Governmental Administrative
- Hazardous Materials
- Information Technology
- Law Enforcement
- Public Health
- Public Safety Communications
- Private Sector/Corporate Security and Safety Professionals
- Public Works
- Search and Rescue
- Transporation Security
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .8 IACET CEUs
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact NERRTC@teex.tamu.edu or call (844) 789-5673