UXO200 – 200.00 Hours
TEEX- ILEPSE – RELLIS Campus
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Monday, April 27, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
TEEX developed the first civilian UXO Technician I course in 1999 and remains the only program to have ever been certified by the Department of Defense Explosive Safety Board (DDESB). In 2012 the National Association of Ordnance Contractors (NAOC) recognized this course as meeting, and exceeding, all UXO Tech I training requirements established by DDESB Technical Paper 18, Minimum Qualifications for Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Technicians and Personnel.
This course provides participants with comprehensive, hands-on training in the safe detection, location, identification, and disposal of unexploded ordnance using the techniques and emerging technologies of today’s UXO remediation industry. Graduates of the course meet U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) requirements necessary to work as a UXO Tech I on USACE UXO remediation job sites. Students registered for the UXO Technician Level 1 Course are also encouraged to register for the online HAZWOPER Clean-Up Operations course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78026.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- 18 years of age
- Results of five-panel drug screen within 30 days of class start date
- UXO Letter for Admission (notarized)
- TEEX Registration Form
- Physician’s Statement and Health Status Medical Report
- Release for Federal Criminal History Background Check (TEEX can perform for an additional fee)
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- OSHA physical examination in accordance with 29 CFR §1910.120 and 29 CFR §1910.134
- Should be in good physical condition and able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. without assistance
- Capable of working safely in stressful situations and extreme weather conditions (heat, humidity, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
- Overview of UXO Environmental Remediation
- Explosives and explosive effects
- Ordnance Safety, Identification and Characteristic (Grenades, Landmines, Sub-munitions, Projectiles and Mortars, Projectile Fuses, Rockets, Guided Missiles, Bomb Fuses, Aircraft Bombs, Dispensers, Dispenser Sub- munitions, Pyrotechnics, Chemical Agents and Compounds, Chemical Ordnance)
- Fuse functioning and identification
- Firing devices, other explosive devices, and miscellaneous hazards
- UXO disposal techniques
- Use of UXO detection equipment and ordnance location techniques
- Electric and non-electric demolition procedures
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 200.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Please review the UXO Student Guide for additional information including; required clothing and equipment, facilities, lodging, directions, etc.
- Course delivery will be held at the TEEX Unexploded Ordnance Range and Search Grids
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
$1,000 deposit will secure a seat, final payment must be received no later than 21 days prior to course start date.