AIR555 – 40.00 Hours
Humble Police Department
310 North Bender Ave.
Humble, TX 77338
08:00 AM Monday, September 20, 2021
Denton Public Safety Training
719 E Hickory St
Denton, TX 76205
08:00 AM Monday, November 15, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Automobile collisions involving pedestrians present complex issues for crash investigators. This course is for experienced law enforcement traffic homicide investigators or reconstruction professionals who may investigate pedestrian vs. automobile collisions. This course includes videos from motor vehicle and bicycle crash tests.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78018.
- Intermediate Collision Investigation or a course equivalent
- Advanced Collision Investigation or a course equivalent
- Collision Reconstruction or a course equivalent
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Scientific calculator
- Mechanical or wood pencil(s) with a lead measurement of .5mm
- TEEX formula cards provided in prerequisite courses
- TEEX traffic templates provided in prerequisite courses
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Review of basic collision investigation concepts as they apply to pedestrian/auto collisions
- Pedestrian conspicuity
- Phases of pedestrian collisions
- Human anatomy and medical terminology overview
- Vehicle profiles and pedestrian impact orientations
- Collision scene/evidence assessment and collection
- Pedestrian auto collision formulas
- Bicycle involved traffic collisions
- Reconstruction analysis
- Law enforcement homicide investigators and reconstruction professionals
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433